Ecominim’s mission is to reduce waste and toxicity from our day-to-day cleaning. Ironically, as we clean, we actually dirty and contaminate the environment via the usage of common cleaning agents. Household cleaning agents are one of the biggest pollutants on the Earth. Ecominim aims to change the way people clean; by using eco-friendly detergent ingredients and encouraging everyone to help us play a part in minimizing and reducing these common pollutants by choosing products that abstain from known toxic ingredients.
How do we do it:
- We ventured onto the road less taken and diverged from the usage of SLS/SLES, which is the common surfactant used in most cleaning products. SLES often contain a compound that is known to be a possible carcinogen according to the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Our products are non-toxic to aquatic life. Instead, our products are made using the certified organic plant-derived decyl glucoside; a milder non-ionic surfactant that works as well, if not better, than its harsher counterparts. This decision is key as we need to understand what we flush down into the waterways.
- We took extra care to ensure that all our chemicals are not only safe for the environment but are gentle to your skin as well! We carefully sourced biodegradable raw materials, so that our products leave no trace and harm on aquatic beings.
- We created a community called miniMes, our Earth warriors to join us in this fight to preserve Mother Earth for our future generations, our mini-mes.
In line with the Sustainable Development Goals, under the United Nation Development Programme, ecominim’s sustainable paths aim to uphold goals number:
To reduce carbon footprint:
One of the things we really struggle with is the usage of plastic bottles, which as everyone knows is a major pollution issue. However, as well-intentioned as we are, it is hard to do eco-friendly detergent with no plastic packaging but we are studying alternative packaging materials and looking at other ways to reduce the impact of plastic. But until then, we ask for your forbearance and understanding as we continue to strive to reduce our carbon footprint of plastic footprints as much as possible. Recycling our bottles can help to prolong the lifespan of our bottles, and reduce the demand for new bottles during production.
Our Zero Waste Efforts:
- To reduce single-use plastic option. One 500ml PET bottle is estimated to have a total carbon footprint of 82.8 grams of carbon dioxide. We recycle or upcycle almost 90% of all of our plastic packaging materials. We also encourage our customer’s participation in our Return ∞ Reward program where we reward them as they return our products’ bottles.
- We also upcycled our cardboards for your packages, So watch out for our upcycled cartons next time you order online. You will have reduced your carbon footprint by 3.31grams of carbon dioxide per gram of cardboard.
- We work with responsible recyclers who share the same sustainability passion who recycle their plastic into pellets for the next lifecycle
- Education and sharing about sustainability
Ecominim is committed to serving the community, through valuable education and community outreach. Our blog and social media platform share information and useful tips about clean cleaning as well as sustainability practices that you may embed into your daily lives.
- Social Responsibility
We support organizations such as The Giving Bank and Nasi Goreng 100, where we donate detergent and hand wash to help the needy. We sponsored Greenbox, a youth community organization that supports rural farmers by processing agro-waste into sustainable packaging.
- Tree planting activities
So in our efforts, now we encourage you to join us as we ease you into spending on biodegradable products that are also kind to your skin by giving simple rewards, which you can check on our website! We welcome you to join us as we embark on this journey towards a greener Earth, together in this journey!
Join us and let us save the earth together and remember, every small step makes a difference!